Checklist for a Nordic Trust, Governance and Openness event
- If an event merely talks about the importance of trust, governance and openness, it won’t have a long-term impact. Successful events require people who can share specific experiences or unite people with a specific set of actionable goals. The more specific and focused an event is, the better it will be!
- When preparing your invitee list, consider which voices are missing from the event. Give yourself ample time to find ways to include them!
- Take The Pledge against male-only panels. There are no excuses – it’s 2018, folks!
- Promote your event in different ways to ensure that you reach different audiences.
- Encourage internal and external feedback on the event to learn about any shortcomings and how to improve for the next time. It’s easy to forget to do this!
- Make sure that everyone’s voice is heard? Download the GenderEQ app to track people’s voices and get real-time data on what gender gets the most airtime. When the meeting is concluded, the participants can see the ratio over time.
- Leave time for networking and mingling. You never know who you are going to meet!
- Make sure to add your event to TheNordics.com and post some photos on Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #TheNordics